Fogarty International Center's 50th Anniversary
This program completed in May 2018.
The National Institutes of Health’s (NIH’s) Fogarty International Center celebrated its 50th year Anniversary and hosted a year-long series of scientific meetings and events which explored the accomplishments of its research and training programs. As a part of the year-long celebration, Fogarty International Center organized several panel discussions at the Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH) Annual Meeting that showcased NIH’s leadership in global health and the contributions of former Fogarty trainees in solving global health problems.
Along with its participation in the CUGH Annual Meeting, Fogarty hosted a Scientific Symposium on May 1st, 2018 at the Natcher Auditorium on NIH’s campus. The program convened a series of panel discussions with NIH leaders, Fogarty grantees, and key stakeholders, to identify key gaps in global health research and strategize future research initiatives. Panel discussion topics included:
- The evolving infections disease agenda
- Noncommunicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes and heart disease
- Brain disorders across the lifespan
- Oher global health research priorities
- Provide an opportunity for the global health community to generate fresh ideas, cultivate partnerships, and develop novel approaches to seek solutions for critical global health problems.
- Improve health in developing countries, as well as here in the United States.
Learn about the Fogarty International Center’s Scientific Symposium here.
- Fogarty International Center (FIC)*
- Bharat Biotech*
- Doris Duke Charitable Foundation*
- Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.*
- Pfizer Inc*
- ICAP at Columbia University*
- Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine*
*Provided financial or in-kind support for this program.