Steering committees for each of the AMP projects, with representation from the partners participating in those projects, meet regularly to review ongoing progress and milestones. The AMP program and its project steering committees are managed by the FNIH under the direction of an AMP Executive Committee comprised of representatives from NIH as well as select industry and non-profit organization leaders.
AMP Executive Committee
The AMP Executive Committee is responsible for program-wide oversight and strategy, as well as the development and approval of new AMP project concepts. It is co-chaired by the NIH Director and a senior R&D representative from the pharmaceutical industry and includes the Director of the lead NIH Institute or Center for each active AMP project and select representatives from private sector partners.
- Lawrence A. Tabak, D.D.S, Ph.D., Performing the Duties of the NIH Director (Co-chair)
- Mikael Dolsten, M.D., Ph.D., Chief Scientific Officer and President, Worldwide Research, Development and Medical, Pfizer (Co-chair)
- Lindsey Criswell, M.D., M.P.H., D.Sc, Director, National Institute on Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases
- Gary Gibbons, M.D., Director, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Joshua Gordon, M.D., Ph.D., Director, National Institute on Mental Health
- William Hait, M.D., Ph.D., Executive Vice President, Chief External Innovation and Medical Safety Officer; Interim Head, Janssen R&D
- Steve Hitchcock, Ph.D., Chief Scientific Officer, Takeda
- Richard Hodes, M.D., Director, National Institute on Aging
- Walter Koroshetz, M.D., Director, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Strokes
- John Reed, M.D., Ph.D., Executive Vice President, Global Head of Research and Development, Sanofi
- Griffin Rodgers, M.D., M.A.C.P., Director, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- Joni Rutter, Ph.D., Director, National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences
- Sharon Terry, MA, President and CEO, Genetic Alliance
Extended Executive Committee
The AMP Extended Executive Committee is comprised of representatives from each organization supporting one or more active AMP projects and receives scientific updates from the entire AMP project portfolio twice a year.
The AMP Executive Committees and project steering committees are managed by staff in the Research Partnerships department at the FNIH.
Courtney Silverthorn, Ph.D., Associate Vice President
AMP Project Leads
Stacey Adam, Ph.D., Associate Vice President – AMP PD
Brad Garrison, M.B.A., PMP, Senior Project Manager – AMP BGTC
Wesley Horton, M.S., Senior Project Manager – AMP SCZ
Tania Kamphaus, M.Sc., Ph.D., Director, Metabolic Disorders – AMP HF
Lynette Nguyen, Ph.D., PMP, Senior Project Manager – AMP CMD
James O’Leary, M.B.A., Director, Inflammation and Immunity – AMP AIM
Steve Hoffmann, Associate Vice President, Research Partnerships – AMP AD
ACCELERATING MEDICINES PARTNERSHIP and AMP are registered service marks of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.