2010 mHealth Summit: Meeting 21st Century Health Goals Through Mobile Technology Research & Innovation
The 2010 mHealth Summit was the one event that convened leaders in research, technology and policy to share their expertise and draft a blueprint for the future of mobile health. The event took place in Washington, DC, November 8-10, 2010, at the Walter W. Washington Convention Center.
mHealth holds the promise to deliver healthcare to underserved communities in the U.S. and the developing world by offering the potential of squeezing greater efficiencies from strained or underfunded healthcare systems, and serving aging populations that want to maintain a quality of life.
The 2010 mHealth Summit provided an international forum to:
- Bring together leaders in research, government, private sector, academia, and not-for-profit organizations to share information and experiences leading to identifying cross-disciplined needs and opportunities for mobile technologies, health and healthcare research, and policy-making
- Foster cross-sector collaborations between research and wireless technology to address pressing and complex health care issues facing particular populations
- Advance biomedical, behavioral and public health research, diagnosis, treatment, and patient care through the utilization of wireless communications, mobile computing, sensing and other wireless technologies
- Discuss critical challenges and opportunities in the domestic and global implementation of mobile technologies for health research and health care delivery
- Consider the practical interest and engagement of policy makers, government agencies, NGO’s and other standard-setting bodies within the context of advancing mHealth research.
The 2010 mHealth Summit included:
- Keynote Presentations from Research, Policy and Technology Leaders
- Scientific and Technology Presentations from U.S. and International Thought Leaders
- Interactive Panel Discussions, SuperSessions, Roundtables and Case Studies
- 100+ Exhibitors and Sponsorships from Leading Organizations
- mHealth Research and Technology Demonstration Sessions
- Networking opportunities
Visit the official site at www.mhealthsummit.org.
Request for Collaboration Form
NIH officials requesting support from the Foundation for NIH must first complete and return this form. This will offer us an overview of the project, officially start the collaboration process and assist in the evaluation of the proposed partnership.
Please click here for Request for Collaboration Form >>